Sunday 21 June 2020

Tabletop Workshop's Barn and Stable

My order from Warlord Games finally made it and I was able to get the stable done. The barn I actually painted and finished about 3 years ago.

The barn has a relatively new roof- the thatch is still a nice fresh yellow.

The single storey kits all use the same roof pieces, short walls and floor - it's the long walls that make each kit different. One thing I regret is not filling in the tabs in the end walls with putty; they really stand out in the close up photos- not so noticeable on the table though.

With the stable I tried to replicate the daub colouring of the Perry's cottage (I should have wrote it down...); I think I got pretty close. A fancy stable like this probably belonged to the land owner in the nice house in the distance- too fancy for some tenant farmer.

The roof came out a little too light grey for my liking- I think I will give it a glaze with a dark brown just to warm it up a bit.


As Murdock and I have a game (the battle of Stoke Lane) planned for mid July I have a few things to tidy up for it including some more fencing and a small contingent of Old Glory dismounted cavalry we may need.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely work. I wouldn't have noticed the tabs if you hadn't mentioned them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely buildings...and walls all around, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More excellent additions to your growing village!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job mate ! This range is lovely and you have done a very nice paintjob on these buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this range but fill the tabs and most of the building with sparkle then dapple with a toothbrush to get a rough texture

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete