Friday 16 December 2022

15mm Sassanid Command Stands

 Another important ingredient missing from the Sassanid army I purchased were command stands. An order from Forged in Battle and some figures I already had in my collection were recruited to do the job.


These are based on 2mm MDF for Field of Glory. I went with different figures per stand for two reasons: I wanted to differentiate between an Inspired Commander (or even just the Army General) from the Field Commander (2 figures) and the Troop Commander (1 figure). Secondly, I couldn't find  a figure suitable to accompany the Troop Commander in my collection. Ideally I think I would like a foot soldier just for variety.

I do not know the manufacturer of the figure above or the figures on the stand below (possibly the extinct Corvus Belli range as I bought a few blisters online ages ago).




The main command stand is comprised of the command figures from Forged in Battle's Cataphracts.


They are wonderful figures; cleaner sculpting and casting than the other 3 miniatures. Very easy to paint, especially with the straight forward iron barding. 


This blog entry comes just a few days before the start of the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge. I have more Sassanids planned as well as some Dark Ages figures, ECW, MESBG Warriors of Khand and (possibly) some Black Templars. 



4 comments: