Monday, 5 October 2026

The Battle of Edgehill, 1642

I am back in the hobby saddle again, as it were, and - speaking of saddles - how about some horse and dragoons? While I was working on the terrain for Leipzig one of our club asked if I had enough to do the Battle of Edgehill. At first I thought 'no' but then, after considering the collection I had inherited from Bluebear Jeff, I thought 'possibly'. So, my new project is revamping Jeff's Royalist, and turning them into Parliamentarians for Edgehill. 

Most of the figures are from Warlord games, Perry's or are home-cast copies of Perry figures. 


The flag for Lord Fielding's is my own creation but - as far as I know - the other two are accurate.

The only new models added to the troops of the brigade are the horse holders for the two dragoon regiments. The one below is a Perry mounted dragoon and 3 horses from Warlord's horse holder pack:

The horse holder for Colonel James Wardlawe's Dragoons is from Bloody Miniatures:

The Earl of Bedford was one of the youngest and most inexperienced commanders in the Parliamentarian forces. To represent him, I chose a young looking general from The Assault Group's generic TYW generals pack:


With the right wing of horse done, I will start on one of the two large foot brigades, Sir John Meldrum's.




No comments:

Post a Comment