Saturday 16 March 2024

Bloody Miniatires: The Unhorsed Cuirassier and The Village People

 Although I am a little behind in my Blogging, I have been productive. These two sets of figures from Bloody Miniatures were finished in the last half of February for the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge. BM 022, The Unhorsed Cuirassier:

And BM 023, The Village People:


These cuirassier were quick to paint up...

.... or rather, should have been, but I found a way of painting the armour that took longer than it should have without a compensatory improvement in finish.🙄


These are great figures for Pikeman's Lament; I used them in one game as Aggressive Forlorn Hope:


Although tempting to paint them all in blackened armour, I decided just this one fellow would get such a finish; I Imagine him to be their officer:


I did not anticipate enjoying painting the Village People as much as I did. 


Once again, the faces of these figures are great.


The lack of bandoliers, satchels and various necessities of war meant that there wasn't a lot of time spent painting fiddly bits.


These are great additions to a band of clubmen.


Hopefully I will be posting pictures of the next Bloody Miniatures packs before the end of the month.












2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, and you have done the blackened armour perfectly. Not an easy one to get right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so frustrating to spend extra time on a feature and have it be barely changed from your standard work. Arg. I empathize my friend. The yellow sashes look great.

    ReplyDelete